Mrs Alina Tollenaere
Office 222, Level 2 John Hines Building (62)
P +61 (0)7 3346 8802
F +61 (0)7 3365 3556
Alina joined the CILR as the lab manager and research assistant at the start of 2009. She obtained a BSc. (Hons) from the University of Queensland in molecular genetics in 2004. After she finished her degree, Alina worked as a research assistant in a marine genomics lab for 4 years (2005-2008).
• Contribute towards the research effort in the CILR laboratories. This involves being part of the teams conducting research relating to legume plants.
• Make a significant contribution to the research effort in terms of technical expertise and laboratory management.
• Develop, maintain and promote policies and procedures that ensure a safe and healthy work place within the Centre.
• Provide advice and guidance to the Centre Director and staff and students to effectively administer occupational health and safety as an integral part of the Centre’s operations.
• Provide support to the Centre Director through overall supervision of the Centre’s activities, including management of financial, human and physical resources.